How do I perform a System Check?
The One System Check will assist you in identifying and troubleshooting the following issues:
- (Flash Settings)
- After logging into One, click the System Check link on the bottom right of the home page.
- The Audio check page is displayed. To verify that your audio is working, click the speaker icon.
- To check your Flash Settings, click the Set Flash Permission button.
- Select Allow and Remember so that Adobe Flash Player can enable your microphone for speaking activities.
- Click the Microphone icon tab and select the correct microphone from the list. Your microphone volume indicator should show a positive green bar:
Note: If you are using Google Chrome and see the message: “http://edge.globalenglish.com/ is requesting microphone and camera permission” at the top of the browser, click Allow.
- When testing your recording, speak clearly and slowly, pronouncing as closely as possible the sentence given by the system.
- Clicking on the Recording button.
- After recording the sentence, press the Stop button.
- Click Listen to play back the recording.
Note: We highly recommend a headset with integrated microphone to perform a System Check.
When recording a sentence, you should see the volume bars going up and down. If you see no bar, the system will generate a message saying the volume is too low. If the bars go up to the red color, the system can generate a message saying there is too much background sound.