The One System Check will assist you in identifying and troubleshooting the following issues:
- (Flash Settings)
To perform a System Check:
- After logging into One, click the System Check link on the bottom right of the home page.
- The Audio check page is displayed. To verify that your audio is working, click the speaker icon.
After completing each test, click Next.
- To check your Flash Settings, click the Set Flash Permission button.
- Select Allow and Remember so that Adobe Flash Player can enable your microphone for speaking activities.
- Click the Microphone icon tab and select the correct microphone from the list. Your microphone volume indicator should show a positive green bar:
Note: If you are using Google Chrome and see the message: “https://edge.globalenglish.com/ is requesting microphone and camera permission” at the top of the browser, click Allow.
Also, still with Chrome, if you cannot record the sentence "I'm testing my microphone by recording my voice" in step 3, select "No, I didn't hear it" >> Adjust microphone settings and select the right microphone before closing the window. You will automatically come back to the recording step and you will then be able to record the sentence.
- When testing your recording, speak clearly and slowly, pronouncing as closely as possible the sentence given by the system.
- Clicking on the Recording button.
- After recording the sentence, press the Stop button.
- Click Listen to play back the recording.
Note: We highly recommend a headset with integrated microphone to perform a System Check.
When recording a sentence, you should see the volume bars going up and down. If you see no bar, the system will generate a message saying the volume is too low. If the bars go up to the red color, the system can generate a message saying there is too much background sound.